David Cutler: David Cutler has spent his entire career within education, covering subjects such as English, Geography, History, P.E., Politics, Citizenship and Special Educational Needs. He left the classroom in 2004 and has since had various roles within consultancy and support of senior leaders and teachers.
- Support senior leaders and teachers
- Secondary Education with Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire
Lee Tether: Lee Tether is currently the manager of the Connexions Service in Hull which provides careers guidance and other support for young people. He has had over 30 years’ experience as a careers adviser working in numerous schools in the Hull area. He has a keen interest in transition issues and how schools interact with business. He is a local authority commissioner of post 16 education for young people with special educational needs.
- Careers education and guidance policy and practice; local, regional and national
- Special educational needs policy
- Employer engagement; links to the Local Enterprise Partnership and the Careers and Enterprise Company
- Post 16 transition
Bev Mitchell: Bev Mitchell is a former BBC employee and now a full-time mum. She is an experienced governor, having been a governor of a LA school for 10 years. For 4 of those years she has been Chair of Governors for a local Primary School. She has 2 girls currently attending Newland and is very keen to get involved in the life of the school.
- Over 10 Years Governor Experience
- Passionate about the School
Andrew Smith: Andrew Smith has spent the majority of his career within the corporate sector, since his retirement he has become a Magistrate and a member of the Humberside Police Authority, where he chaired the H.R Committee. He is currently on the board for the Alcohol and Drugs Service and is a member of the Governance, Audit & Scrutiny Committee of the Humberside Fire Brigade.
- HR Issues
- Management and Governance
Ann Haddock: Ann Haddock worked in industry in Brussels before becoming a teacher. She was a teacher of Modern Foreign Languages and a Head of Year for a number of years, and now works at the University of Hull, where she is involved in teacher training and the delivery of French language courses for trainee teachers.
- A background in secondary school training as well as in industry
- Experience in a pastoral role in secondary school
- Experience in organising school visits
- Links with Higher Education
Stacy Hopkin: Stacy is the Director Of Learning for Fitness, Health and Well-being here at Newland School for Girls and therefore has responsibility for PE, Health and Social Care and Child Care. She has been teaching for 6 years and joined NSG in September 2015.
- Outstanding teaching
- Teaching and Learning
- Extracurricular sport
- School trips and residential visits
Michelle Bellringer: Michelle initially worked for The European Commission advising on employment and regeneration projects in the Humber sub-region. She later went into teaching to try and change aspirations and opportunities and worked at a local 6th form college for 11 years. Michelle was a member of Bricknell Primary School’s Governing body for 2 years and has worked as part of their SEN team for the past 3 yrs. Michelle has a child in Year 8 and a child at a local primary school.
- SEN targeted provision
- Teacher Coaching experience
- BTEC and AQA Teaching experience
- School and College Liaison
If you need to contact the Chair of the Governors please email Mike Rogerson on email@example.com