Gill Beckett: Gill is now retired but her working life encompassed the roles of secondary school science teacher, nurse, nurse teacher, education and training of nurse teachers, director of nurse education and senior manager in the university sector. In many ways, all of these involved being an educator. Since retiring, she has been a school governor for several years and has had special links with school science teams, curriculum development and student welfare teams.
- Teaching experience within secondary and adult education
- Managing teams and budgets
- Health and welfare of staff and pupils
- Continuing professional development
David Cutler: David has spent his entire career within education, covering subjects such as English, Geography, History, P.E., Politics, Citizenship and Special Educational Needs. He left the classroom in 2004 and has since had various roles within consultancy and support of senior leaders and teachers.
- Support senior leaders and teachers
- Secondary Education with Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire
Lee Tether: Lee is currently the manager of the Connexions Service in Hull which provides careers guidance and other support for young people. He has had over 30 years’ experience as a careers adviser working in numerous schools in the Hull area. He has a keen interest in transition issues and how schools interact with business. He is a local authority commissioner at Hull City Council of post 16 education for young people with special educational needs.
- Careers education and guidance policy and practice; local, regional and national
- Special educational needs policy
- Employer engagement; links to the Local Enterprise Partnership and the Careers and Enterprise Company
- Post 16 transition
Ann Haddock: Ann worked in industry in Brussels before becoming a teacher. She was a teacher of Modern Foreign Languages and a Head of Year for a number of years, and now works at the University of Hull, where she is involved in teacher training and the delivery of French language courses for trainee teachers.
- A background in secondary school training as well as in industry
- Experience in a pastoral role in secondary school
- Experience in organising school visits
- Links with Higher Education
Michelle Bellringer: Michelle initially worked for The European Commission advising on employment and regeneration projects in the Humber sub-region. She later went into teaching to try and change aspirations and opportunities and worked at a local 6th form college for 11 years. Michelle was a member of Bricknell Primary School’s Governing body for 2 years and has worked as part of their SEN team for the past 3 yrs. Michelle has a child in Year 8 and a child at a local primary school.
- SEN targeted provision
- Teacher Coaching experience
- BTEC and AQA Teaching experience
- School and College Liaison
Dr Gloria Likupe: Gloria started her career as a Registered General Nurse. She spent time working in Malawi as a nurse and lecturer. Moving to the UK in the 1980s, she worked as a general nurse at Hull Royal Infirmary and also as a research nurse in neurosurgery. Her teaching career began in 2000 at Hull College, where she taught on the access to higher education course. She has been lecturing at University of Hull since 2001.
- Equality, Inclusion and diversity research
- Supporting special educational needs.
- Pastoral care
If you need to contact the Chair of the Governors please email firstname.lastname@example.org