COLLEGE / CAREER UPDATES
CONNEXIONS – Making the next move
VIRTUAL WELCOME DAY – Wilberforce College
VIRTUAL WELCOME DAY – Wilberforce College on Weds 24th June at 11 am. A fantastic opportunity to experience what it is like to attend Wilberforce, meet teachers, go on virtual tours and lots more! Download Microsoft teams to receive links and information on how the day will run.
Wyke College Year 11 Transition Work
Wyke College Year 11 Transition Work is now available on their website https://wyke.ac.uk/year-11-transition-work-2020/.
Each subject has provided a number of assignments to help guide you towards starting Wyke in September. These assignments are designed to support your understanding of your selected study programme, to make you feel comfortable with the subject themes and curriculum topics.
We would encourage pupils planning to go to Wyke to complete the work for your selected subjects before enrolling to Wyke in September. It may be used to support your enrolment if you are slightly under the required criteria, address the audition process or form the basis of your first subject lessons.
If you have any queries please contact Erica Hood on firstname.lastname@example.org
Bishop Burton Update for Y11’s
Stepping forward – Transition for new starters September 2020
Starting College is a big step in all young people’s lives and we want to make the next step as easy and as smooth as possible. That’s why we’ve developed our Stepping Forward transition to college support programme. It will include useful information about how you can start to ‘step forward’ with your learning and knowledge ready for the start of your college life. More information will be provided in the coming weeks.
We still plan to hold Taster Days for our current Year 10 and 11 students but these will be held virtually. They will run from approximately mid-June to the end of July for any students interested in a more in-depth look at a course. Again, more information will be sent out after half term.
Virtual Open event – Saturday 20th June 10am-1pm
Students are welcome to come and join our next Virtual Open Event on 20 June, 10am – 1pm. They can register online here.
For anyone that’s not sure about their next steps, our Recruitment Team are on hand to chat through options and to answer any questions. Email email@example.com or call 01964 553000 or use the live chat function on our website, which is open Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm.
East Riding College Courses
- Interviews for full time courses starting in September are postponed, but don’t worry – applicants will instead be given a formal offer* of a place on a suitable course. Other entry requirements still apply.
- Where you meet the entry requirements for your chosen course you will be accepted.
- Where you do not meet the entry requirements for your chosen course, we guarantee you a place on a suitable alternative.
- If you would like the option of a telephone or online interview, or access to advice and guidance, please contact the College by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- *Exceptions include those with a criminal conviction or who have been previously been excluded, or where the SEN needs or requirements of an existing Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) cannot be fully met. In these circumstances a risk assessment may be required before we are able to confirm your place at the College.
In addition: Pupils who have not already accepted their place need to do so by emailing email@example.com.
The next FE virtual open event will be on Tuesday 16th June between 4 pm and 7 pm, it can be accessed through Facebook.The virtual guidance bar is also available on Facebook on Mon, Weds & Thurs between 1200 – 1300 hrs, if anyone would like to address any queries.