KS3 D&T Food
Design & Technology in Food
KS3 Technology is a skill based curriculum that embraces the practical side of learning; our students have the opportunity to prepare and cook a variety of dishes, learn sewing techniques to create their own products, including graphics and electronics under the Design & Technology umbrella.
Our curriculum is developed to inspire students to use their creativity and imagination to design and make products that solve real life problems within a variety of contexts, considering their own and others’ needs.
Students will learn how to take risks, becoming resourceful, innovative, enterprising and capable individuals. Students will experience a varied and high-quality design and technology curriculum which will make an essential contribution to the creativity, culture, wealth and well-being of society in the UK and globally.
- To develop the creative, technical and practical expertise needed to perform everyday tasks confidently and to participate successfully in an increasingly technological world.
- Be able to build and apply a repertoire of knowledge, understanding and skills in order to design and make high-quality prototypes and products for a wide range of users.
- Students will have the opportunity to critique, evaluate and test their ideas and products and the work of others.
- To understand and apply the principles of nutrition and learn how to cook.
- Students will be encouraged to develop their own individual independence, confidence and resilience within the subject.