KS3 & KS4 Core PE
Physical Education (PE)
Through core PE, we will aim to provide the girls with the knowledge and understanding of the importance of a healthy, active lifestyle. We pride ourselves on providing a holistic curriculum in order to develop girls for the wider aspects of school and preparing them for modern Britain. We provide a skills based curriculum, in which students are able to access a variety of sporting activities. Throughout Key Stage 3 and 4, the girls develop, enhance and transfer skills across all sporting areas, as well as the wider curriculum. One of our particular strengths is developing leadership skills for all pupils within core PE lessons. Within our Physical Education Extra curricular programme we provide amazing opportunities for all girls of all abilities, with an extensive range of sports and activities offered at lunch times and after school. We currently have approximately 40% of students taking part in extra curricular activities which is a huge increase from 13% in previous years. The PE department are currently working with Sport England to develop CPD in alternative sports areas in order to engage and drive sport at NSG even further.
Physical Education at Newland School for Girls aims to;
- Give all Newland girls the opportunity to perform in a wide variety of sports included in the National Curriculum for Physical Education.
- Give all girls the opportunity to develop sporting skills, helping to explore creative intent and emotion.
- Develop the girls’ ability to communicate effectively and suitably for the sports they are participating in
- Give all students the opportunity to analyse performance through peer and self-assessment.
- Develop the girls’ confidence and resilience, leadership qualities needed to succeed in the wider world.
- Develop a sense of pride in our girls’, in wearing the correct NSG sporting uniform and representing the school within County fixtures.
Please click on the image below to look at our curriculum plan for core PE
Homework is not set for core PE in years 7 and 8