Child Development and Care (Level 2 CACHE)
What does the qualification cover?
This qualification provides the opportunity to gain a vocational qualification that gives a basic introduction to the sector. It has been designed to meet the needs of learners from the age of 14 years. It includes the knowledge and understanding of child development and well-being necessary for working with children in a variety of settings. It is aimed at a range of learners who wish to be introduced to childcare and development for children aged 0-5 years. It also gives learners an insight into their preferred learning styles and assists in developing their ability to study.
The Award will also carry performance points on the Department for Education’s Performance Tables.
Who is it suitable for?
Young people in schools or colleges.
How many credits are required to complete it?
This qualification consists of 3 units: two graded A*- D assessed by a graded Assessment Task; and a Synoptic Assessment unit which is assessed via a Multiple Choice Paper.
Learners must achieve three units:
- Units 1 and 2. Guided Learning Hours: 120
- Unit 3. Multiple Choice Question Paper. Guided Learning Hours: 5
How is it assessed?
Assessment is via two internally assessed graded Assessment Tasks and an externally assessed Synoptic Assessment unit, which is assessed via a Multiple Choice Paper. The Award is graded from A* to D.
How long does it take to complete?
This qualification can usually be completed in two years.
What related qualifications can you progress to?
Learners can progress to the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Certificate and Diploma in Child Care and Education
- Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
- Level 2 Award in Babysitting
- Level 2 Award in Preparation for the Responsibilities of Parenting
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Level 3 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Child Care and Education
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Many other qualifications in the Care Sector at Level 2 and Level 3