KS4 Option in Hospitality & Catering (Food)
Hospitality & Catering (Food)
The Hospitality and Catering Level 1/2 Award has been designed to support learners in schools and colleges who want to learn about this vocational sector and the potential it can offer them for their careers or further study. It is most suitable as a foundation for further study, providing learners with a core depth of knowledge and a range of specialist and general skills that will support their progression to further learning and employment
- This structure has been designed to develop in learners the knowledge and understanding related to a range of hospitality and catering providers; how they operate and what they have to take into account to be successful.
- All students will learn about issues related to nutrition and food safety and how they affect successful hospitality and catering operations.
- All students will develop food preparation and cooking skills.
- All students will develop transferable skills of problem solving, organisation and time management, planning and communication.
- Learners will gain an overview of the hospitality and catering industry and the type of job roles that may be available to assist them in making choices about progression.
- Successful completion of this qualification would support entry to qualifications that develop specific skills for work in hospitality and catering
- All students will be able to identify, investigate and analyse information which clearly reflects the needs, wants and values of potential users