Regular, open communication and consultation is highly valued at Newland School for Girls. The parent forum aims to represent the views of all parents and to be a voice to inform our school of the needs of students and their families. It facilitates communication between parents/carers and staff and governors. The forum works to provide feedback on provision, offer a parent’s perspective on current policy and practice and input into decision making and planning for future provision.
- To support and promote children’s learning
- To help the school find out what parents and carers think about important issues
- To involve parents and carers actively in school decisions
- To make plans that support the ways the school wants to develop and improve outcomes for our children. The parent forum’s membership is made up of parents and carers of children attending Newland School for Girls. We aim to have diverse representatives from a variety of year groups. Members of the senior leadership team also attend meetings. Parent forum meetings are held every term. The agenda is will be prepared in advance of the meeting and circulated by email. A typical agenda includes:
- Items identified by the governing body and leadership team for discussion
- Items identified by parents and carers for discussion. Would you like to become a member of our parental forum and help us on our journey to outstanding? Meeting dates for 2017-18: 6-7pmTuesday 19th March 2018
- Tuesday 21st May 2018
- Tuesday 27th November 2018
- If you would like to join Parental Partners, please contact Caroline Edwards, Assistant Headteacher by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Tel: 343098 (Ext 269).