Welcome to all Year 10 students. This is the time to prepare for college, employment or apprenticeship, sharpening up your academic and social skills along the way.
Although there is a lot of preparation still to go regarding your studies, don’t worry, at NSG there is a dedicated team there to support you every step of the way. This support includes:
- Expert teaching and well prepared lessons
- Pastoral and academic mentoring
- Developing your leadership
- A timetable of homework
- Intervention classes and after school catch up sessions
- Revision opportunities during the school holidays
Also there will be opportunities to attend school visits and participate:
- College open day events
- Career days-you get to know about your choices and routes
- Y10 Enterprise masterclass
- STEM – Hive at Hull University
- Y10 visit to Russell Group University – York
Y10 although a challenging year, there is a share in your success in awards such as Vivo’s, 100% success concert and end of term trips and activities.
Remember- “fail to plan, plan to fail”. There is every confidence in you and your abilities.
Year 10 parents evening 14th March 2019 4.00 – 7.30pm
Year 10 mock exams 17th June – 21st June 2019
Year 10 work experience 24th June – 28th June 2019
June and July 2018 – College taster days (dates to be confirmed)
If you have any queries or concerns in Year 10, please contact Miss Wilkinson on 01482 343098 Ext 230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org