At NSG we are dedicated to ensuring the success of our Y11 students. Our staff are always available to support and guide the students along with a team of teaching and support staff who carefully monitor progress and intervene.
There are a range of intervention sessions available across all subject areas for Y11, these include:
- Timetabled sessions during Period 4
- Small group tuition for English and Maths for selected students
- Afterschool classes
- Revision sessions during the school holidays
All girls are provided with a revision guide and workbook for each subject area to support them with homework and independent study. It is recommended that all girls work independently at home or school for 1 hour per day. We also recommend the use of a range of online resources for independent study all of which can be found in the useful links below.
In order to prepare the girls as well as possible for their summer exams a range of exam practice sessions will be provided. These include:
- Trial exams – The trial exam period begins on the week commencing the 3rd December and will last for 3 weeks. All subjects in which students will complete a formal examination which will be used to identify their strengths and weaknesses in order to target future support and determine a predicted grade for College applications. Attendance during these weeks is vital.
- Core Subject rotation – Taking place in the Hall, girls will complete English, Maths and Science exams on a 4 weekly rotations to gain; regular, targeted, exam focussed feedback.
- Walking Talking Mocks – Designed to dispel the fear factor associated with exams, in these alternative style exams, teachers will lead students through exam papers, focussing on interpretation of the questions and modelling what a good answer looks like.
Details of all exams timetables both internal and external can be found on the Exams page.
Careers Event at Kelvin – 10th October 2018 time 5.30pm – 7.30pm
Wednesday 24th October 2018 4.30pm – 7.30pm
Mock exam results day
Monday 28th January 2019 all day – TBC
College open evenings
St Marys 6th form open evening – Thursday 18th October 2018 6pm- 8.30pm
Hull College – Open events Check website
Saturday 6th October 2018 | 10am – 2pm
Thursday 25th October 2018 | 5pm – 8pm
Tuesday 13th November 2018 | 5pm – 8pm
Saturday 1st December 2018 | 10am – 2pm
Tuesday 15th January 2019 | 5pm – 8pm
Tuesday 12th March 2019 | 5pm – 8pm
Saturday 18th May 2019 | 10am – 2pm
Saturday 22nd June 2019 | 10am – 2pm
Wilberforce college – Tuesday 9th October 2018 5.30pm – 7.30pm
Wyke College – Thursday 25th October 2018 6pm – 8.30pm Check website
Bishop Burton – Check website
13 Oct 2018
Our Open Events are aimed at people thinking about what to do after GCSEs or who are considering studying for a degree at our University Centre.
This Open Event runs between 10am and 1pm. Prospective degree students should arrive for 10am for a welcome talk. If you’re interested in a Further Education (16+) course, drop in at any time, but expect to spend an hour or so exploring the college and speaking to our staff.
Check the website to book a place and check out other dates that are available.
We are delighted to celebrate our girl’s achievements throughout their career at NSG with the Y11 Prom. Celebrated after the final GCSE exams are completed all girls who have maintained attendance above 97% are invited to attend. This years Prom will be held on Thursday 20th June
If you have any queries or concerns in Year 11, please contact Miss Iveson on extension 255, if unavailable email email@example.com.