At NSG we are dedicated to ensuring the success of our Y11 students. Our staff are always available to support and guide the students along with a team of teaching and support staff who carefully monitor progress and intervene.
There are a range of intervention sessions available across all subject areas for Y11, these include:
- Timetabled sessions during Period 4 – starting in half term 2
- Small group tuition for English and Maths for selected students
- Remote after-school classes – a combination of live and recorded sessions will be available for all subjects via Google classroom and Google meet
- Revision sessions during the school holidays – Covid guidelines permitting
All girls are provided with a revision guide and workbook for each subject area to support them with homework and independent study. It is recommended that all girls work independently at home or school for 1 hour per day.
In order to prepare the girls as well as possible for their summer exams a range of exam practice sessions will be provided. These include:
- Trial exams – The trial exam period begins on the week commencing the 30th November and will last for 2 weeks. All subjects in which students will complete a formal examination which will be used to identify their strengths and weaknesses in order to target future support and determine a predicted grade for College applications. Attendance during these weeks is vital.
- Core Subject rotation – Taking place in the Hall, girls will complete English, Maths and Science exams on a 4 weekly rotations to gain; regular, targeted, exam focussed feedback.
- Walking Talking Mocks – Designed to dispel the fear factor associated with exams, in these alternative style exams, teachers will lead students through exam papers, focussing on interpretation of the questions and modelling what a good answer looks like.
Details of all exams timetables both internal and external can be found on the Exams page.