At NSG we are dedicated to ensuring the success of our Y11 students. Our staff are always available to support and guide the students along with a team of teaching and support staff who carefully monitor progress and intervene.
There are a range of intervention sessions available across all subject areas for Y11, these include:
- Timetabled sessions during Period 4
- Small group tuition for English and Maths for selected students
- Afterschool classes
- Revision sessions during the school holidays
All girls are provided with a revision guide and workbook for each subject area to support them with homework and independent study. It is recommended that all girls work independently at home or school for 1 hour per day. We also recommend the use of a range of online resources for independent study all of which can be found in the useful links below.
In order to prepare the girls as well as possible for their summer exams a range of exam practice sessions will be provided. These include:
- Trial exams – There are 2 trial exam periods; week commencing 27th November and Week commencing 26th All subjects in which students will complete a formal examination will provide a trail exam. Attendance during these weeks is vital.
- Core Subject rotation – Taking place in the Hall, girls will complete English, Maths and Science exams on a 4 weekly rotations to gain; regular, targeted, exam focussed feedback.
- Walking Talking Mocks – Designed to dispel the fear factor associated with exams, in these alternative style exams, teachers will lead students through exam papers, focussing on interpretation of the questions and modelling what a good answer looks like.
Details of all exams timetables both internal and external can be found on the Exams page.
We are delighted to celebrate our girl’s achievements throughout their career at NSG with the Y11 Prom. Celebrated after the final GCSE exams are completed all girls who have maintained attendance above 97% are invited to attend.
If you have any queries or concerns in Year 11, please contact Miss Iveson on extension 255, if unavailable email firstname.lastname@example.org.