At NSG we are dedicated to ensuring the success of our Y11 students. Our staff are always available to support and guide the students along with a team of teaching and support staff who carefully monitor progress and intervene.
There are a range of intervention sessions available across all subject areas for Y11, these include:
- Timetabled sessions during Period 4
- Small group tuition for English and Maths for selected students
- Afterschool classes
- Revision sessions during the school holidays
The first round of formal afterschool intervention will begin on the Week commencing 14th October. Sessions will run from 3.10pm to 4.30 pm Monday to Thursday and from 3.10pm to 4pm on Fridays. All students can book a free taxi to take them home from afterschool sessions at students services by break time on the day of the session.
All girls are provided with a revision guide and workbook for each subject area to support them with homework and independent study. It is recommended that all girls work independently at home or school for 1 hour per day. We also have our own bespoke revision Website Newland Independence which provides a full range of revision resources by subject area. All of the recommended websites can be found in the useful links below
In order to prepare the girls as well as possible for their summer exams a range of exam practice sessions will be provided. These include:
- Trial exams – The trial exam period begins on the week commencing the 2nd December and will last for 2 weeks. All subjects in which students will complete a formal examination which will be used to identify their strengths and weaknesses in order to target future support and determine a predicted grade for College applications. Attendance during these weeks is vital.
- Core Subject rotation – Taking place in the Hall, girls will complete English, Maths and Science exams on a 4 weekly rotations to gain; regular, targeted, exam focussed feedback.
- Walking Talking Mocks – Designed to dispel the fear factor associated with exams, in these alternative style exams, teachers will lead students through exam papers, focussing on interpretation of the questions and modelling what a good answer looks like.
Details of all exams timetables both internal and external can be found on the Exams page.
We are delighted to celebrate our girl’s achievements throughout their career at NSG with the Y11 Prom. Celebrated after the final GCSE exams are completed all girls who have maintained attendance above 97% are invited to attend. This years Prom will be held on Thursday 25th June
All Pixl Apps